This information was issued at 10.00am on Monday 23 March 2020.
The Australian Government last night (Sunday 22 March 2020) announced the closure of all non-essential services in a bid to halt the further spread of Covid-19 (Coronavirus), including public aquatic facilities and health clubs. From 12.00pm noon on Monday 23 March, Cardinia Leisure Facilities will be closed to the public until further notice. However, we are attempting to keep the childcare open to the public as an essential service to allow people to use the childcare to undertake shopping and other tasks while their children are safe with us.
For any other information or enquires please click HERE
When visiting, we ask that you continue to practice good hygiene and follow the recommended ways to reduce your risk of contracting coronavirus.
- Wash your hands often with soap and running water, for at least 20 seconds. Dry with a paper towel or hand dryer.
- Wipe down any equipment you use with the wipes provided. Please carry a towel when exercising.
- Try not to touch your eyes, nose or mouth.
- Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue when you cough or sneeze; if you don’t have a tissue cough or sneeze into your upper sleeve or elbow.
- Isolate yourself at home if you feel sick.
- Phone your GP first if you need medical attention. They will tell you what to do.
- Continue healthy habits: exercise, drink water and get plenty of sleep.
- Don’t steal our toilet paper!
We will continue to update this article as further information is made available.
You can find more information on the Department of Health website or call the Coronavirus Health Information Line 1800 020 080.
Information in this article has been sourced from the Australian Department of Health and the International Health, Racquet & Sportsclub Association (IHRSA).