Thanks to the Victorian Government, your child could be eligible for up to $200 to support their involvement in sport and recreation activities, including swimming lessons here at Cardinia Life or participation in one of the many sports we have to offer across our facilities such as tennis, basketball and netball.
The Get Active Kids Voucher Program helps eligible families by reimbursing the cost of membership and registration fees, uniforms and equipment for affiliated sports with applications now open.
To help your family access these vouchers we’ve put together the key information needed for you, with full details of the program available HERE
Who can apply?
To apply for a Get Active Kids voucher you must be:
- The parent or legal guardian, temporary foster or kinship carer of an eligible child, and;
- The holder of a valid Australian Government Health Care Card or Pensioner Concession Card with named dependants.
Each child/dependant you apply for must be:
- Aged 4 to 18 years
- A resident in Victoria
- Named on a current Australian Government Health Care Card or Pensioner Concession Card, and
- Named on a valid Australian Government Medicare card.
If you don’t meet the above criteria you may still be eligible for special consideration, with further information available HERE
What costs can be reimbursed?
The following is a guide only based on some of the key fees and items needed to participate in eligible activities across our facilities:
|Sport / Activity||Covered Items|
|Swimming Lessons||Lesson FeesEquipment such as bathers, goggles, swimming cap|
|Swimming||Registration/membership feesEquipment such as bathers, goggles, swimming cap|
|Basketball / Netball / Tennis||Registration feesEquipment such as balls, racquets, whistlesPersonal equipment such as strapping tape, drink bottles, sports bags, hair tiesUniforms including footwear or second-hand club uniform items|
A full list of affiliated sports and eligible items is available HERE
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
I have multiple children; can I apply for more than one voucher?
You can apply for multiple children/dependants by submitting separate application forms, with up to $200 available per application.
What information do I need to apply?
- Your name and address
- The name of your child you are claiming for
- Healthcare card or Pensioner card number
- Bank account details (where the voucher monies will be paid directly into)
- Medicare number and reference number for the child you are claiming for
- Invoices and/or receipts as proof of purchase or copy of payment plan agreement to attach to your claim
If you need assistance with obtaining a copy of any invoices or receipts for costs incurred at one of our facilities, please call our friendly team on 5945 2888
How do I apply?
You must first pay for any item/s you are seeking reimbursement for, before applying to have up to $200 of the cost reimbursed to you. There are specific purchase and claim periods to be aware of as outlined below:
|Round||Eligible Expense Dates (When you spend the money)||Claim Periods (When you can claim the voucher)|
|1||1 January 2021 – 11 April 2021||1 March 2021 – 11 April 2021|
|2||11 April 2021 – 11 July 2021||31 May 2021 – 11 July 2021|
|3||11 July 2021 – 14 November 2021||4 October 2021 – 14 November 2021|
|4||14 November 2021 – 17 April 2022||7 March 2022 – 17 April 2022|
To apply, follow these simple steps:
- CLICK HERE
- Select ‘Apply Now’ – This will redirect you to the Victorian Government’s Grants Portal
- Follow the on-screen prompts to register your details and complete the application
For further information visit the Get Active Victoria website HERE