We are excited by the latest announcement of easing restrictions that will see us be able to return to the court and resume basketball competitions.
We can confirm that our basketball competitions will return from the 25th of November, however, to be able to do so we need to enforce a number of guidelines to ensure we welcome back players and team in a safe environment.
Please ensure all players and families are aware of the guidelines in place, and these guidelines can be found below:
Return To Sport Guidelines- Basketball (As of 24/11/20)
- Juniors will be restricted to 1 parent per player for the purpose of supervision, senior competitions will be restricted to no spectators. Players and officials (i.e scorer) only. This is due to the very restricted occupancy level, to ensure we do not go over.
- Games lengths will be slightly altered to ensure games are completed within a 40-minute window.
- Games will consist of 2 x 18-minute halves
- 20-minute gaps between game time
- Teams will be permitted to arrive 10 minutes prior to game commencing
- Teams required to leave immediately after game to allow time to clean and no crossing of paths with the next time slot
- Separate Exit and Entry points (Exits will be emergency exits located next to court 4 & Court 8)
- QR codes available around facility, but also asking teams to supply an attendance record separately to ensure we catch everyone at the facility.
- Overlapping game time starts per space to ensure flow of traffic is manageable as teams arrive
- Coaches permitted to bring 2 balls into stadium, and must be put away while games are being played. No other balls may be brought into the stadium.
- Mask must be worn while entering and departing the stadium. Masks may be removed by players when participating in games or warm-ups (excluding those under 12)
These return to sport guidelines may change with further easing of restrictions, and any update to these restrictions will be provided when available.
We look forward to seeing everyone back on the court soon.